[52N Geostatistics] Error with mask_map.tif

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[52N Geostatistics] Error with mask_map.tif

Monica Buescu
Greetings

I'm running some examples from gstat software (binary Windows installer) and  in example 03 I'm getting the following error with mask_map.tif:
Warning: Converted null-character(s) in 'mask_map.tif' to space
gstat: read failed on file 'mask_map.tif'

Can anyone send me the correct version of this file?
THanks
Monica

_______________________________________________
Geostatistics mailing list
[hidden email]
http://list.52north.org/mailman/listinfo/geostatistics
http://geostatistics.forum.52north.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

conditional simulation

Claus Haslauer
Hi,

we are trying to do a conditional simulation. Below is our gstat command file. The comments should explain what we're trying to do. It seems to read the measurements fine, but it produces no output.

The issue is: how do we tell gstat the locations where it should simulate?
In the manual, in example 7, there is a mask command. It references 'mask_map'. We're not sure what this file should contain.
Also, what is the command "predictions" for?
Ideally, we would like to specify the locations where we want to simulate in a manner similar to this:
simloc(alpha): 'xzy.dat', x=1, y=2, z=3;
Is that possible?

Also, what is zmap for?

Thanks for your help,
Claus


## Gaussian simulation, conditional upon data

# file contains measurements locations and values (x,y,z,F1)
data(alpha): 'top_xyzK.txt', x=1, y=2, z=3, v=4, sk_mean=0.0, max=20;

# spatial gaussian model
variogram(alpha): 0.25 Nug(0.0) + 0.75 Sph(9.4);

# gaussian simulation = gs
method: gs;

# locations (x,y,z) where we want to simulate
# not sure which is correct
# mask: 'grid_Top_3d_05m_Simloc.txt';
predictions(alpha): 'grid_Top_3d_05m_Simloc.txt';

# no idea, but command prompt requests this when using mask with 3D data
set zmap=10.0;

# file which contains the output
set output = 'gstat_out.txt';

set n_uk = 20;

_______________________________________________
Geostatistics mailing list
[hidden email]
http://list.52north.org/mailman/listinfo/geostatistics
http://geostatistics.forum.52north.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: conditional simulation

Edzer Pebesma
Administrator


On 04/04/2011 11:53 AM, Claus Haslauer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we are trying to do a conditional simulation. Below is our gstat command file. The comments should explain what we're trying to do. It seems to read the measurements fine, but it produces no output.
>
> The issue is: how do we tell gstat the locations where it should simulate?
> In the manual, in example 7, there is a mask command. It references 'mask_map'. We're not sure what this file should contain.
> Also, what is the command "predictions" for?

the mask is a raster image, e.g. in asciigrid command (or any
gdal-readable, if gstat was compiled with gdal support).

if your locations are irregular points, use the

data(): 'file', x=1, y=2;

form

> Ideally, we would like to specify the locations where we want to simulate in a manner similar to this:
> simloc(alpha): 'xzy.dat', x=1, y=2, z=3;
> Is that possible?

yes, substitute simloc(alpha) with data().

>
> Also, what is zmap for?

the height of a map, in case the coordinates of your data are
three-dimensional.

>
> Thanks for your help,

No problem. Please note that development of gstat stand alone has halted
8 years ago, all development takes place in the gstat R package.

> Claus
>
>
> ## Gaussian simulation, conditional upon data
>
> # file contains measurements locations and values (x,y,z,F1)
> data(alpha): 'top_xyzK.txt', x=1, y=2, z=3, v=4, sk_mean=0.0, max=20;
>
> # spatial gaussian model
> variogram(alpha): 0.25 Nug(0.0) + 0.75 Sph(9.4);
>
> # gaussian simulation = gs
> method: gs;
>
> # locations (x,y,z) where we want to simulate
> # not sure which is correct
> # mask: 'grid_Top_3d_05m_Simloc.txt';
> predictions(alpha): 'grid_Top_3d_05m_Simloc.txt';
>
> # no idea, but command prompt requests this when using mask with 3D data
> set zmap=10.0;
>
> # file which contains the output
> set output = 'gstat_out.txt';
>
> set n_uk = 20;
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Geostatistics mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://list.52north.org/mailman/listinfo/geostatistics
> http://geostatistics.forum.52north.org

--
Edzer Pebesma
Institute for Geoinformatics (ifgi), University of Münster
Weseler Straße 253, 48151 Münster, Germany. Phone: +49 251
8333081, Fax: +49 251 8339763  http://ifgi.uni-muenster.de
http://www.52north.org/geostatistics      [hidden email]
_______________________________________________
Geostatistics mailing list
[hidden email]
http://list.52north.org/mailman/listinfo/geostatistics
http://geostatistics.forum.52north.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

A76-5

tieunguyet
Banned User
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Monica Buescu
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

on 11-5

tieunguyet
Banned User
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

on 18-5

tieunguyet
Banned User
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

A51-6

tieunguyet
Banned User
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

A63-6

tieunguyet
Banned User
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Monica Buescu
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

A64-6

tieunguyet
Banned User
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Monica Buescu
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.